Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bill Miller

A few years ago I posted about Pittsburg artist Bill Miller at Lino Forest. There I gave him the award for the most amazing and inspiring use of salvaged vintage lino in the creative field .
So I think it's high time to re-introduce Bill Miller and his breathtakingly beautiful collages. And yes, it's all done with vintage lino!According to the artists profile, "Miller's work has been recognized for rendering narrative moods and a sense of common memory. His unexpected use of patterns taps into the mediums nostalgic familiarity striving to impart a sense of history and story within each piece. Creating an effect that lies somewhere between collage and stained glass, Miller's innovative use of the linoleum's pattern and color is his signature style."
I certainly can't do him justice on this blog. You'll have to visit the website to see the breadth and depth of his work.

Look at the star burst patterned lino in this piece titled"Portrait of a Tree".
And the complex layering of stunning autumn toned lino in "Sweenyburg Farm"I can't even begin to express how taken I am with this snapshot of John and Yoko titled "Paper or Plastic".
How perfect is the lino for John's jim jams! I could look at all the detail for ever.
I noticed there is a contact on the artists website where people can donate lino.I'm sure one person could not source this much by themselves.
Now I think I need a lie down to rest my senses from this visual overload.

But first I'm going to announce the winner of the Little Golden Book Journal donated by Megan from The Byron Life. Congrats to Sue from Divajools. Your journal will soon be on it's way!

7 comments:

  1. hoowee - you go and lie down, Betty Jo! No wonder you gorged on these wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how complex these collages are! I think my favourite is the John and Yoko one too - it somehow captures their spirit I think!
    Lucky lucky me to win Megans' lovely journal - I am stoked - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They almost look like wood block prints, with the black backing coming through as outline. Amazing stuff to see, such depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Absolutely amazing stuff.

    You're doing a great job with this new blog Liz. So much great stuff to check out. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recording success in Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is not just buying and holding till when bitcoin sky-rocks, this has been longed abolished by intelligent traders ,mostly now that bitcoin bull is still controlling the market after successfully defended the $40,000 support level once again ad this is likely to trigger a possible move towards $50,000 resistance area However , it's is best advice you find a working strategy by hub/daily signals that works well in other to accumulate and grow a very strong portfolio ahead. I have been trading with Mr Carlos daily signals and strategy, on his platform, and his guidance makes trading less stressful and more profit despite the recent fluctuations. I was able to easily increase my portfolio in just 3weeks of trading with his daily signals, growing my 0.9 BTC to 2.9BTC. Mr Carlos daily signals are very accurate and yields a great positive return on investment. I really enjoy trading with him and I'm still trading with him, He is available to give assistance to anyone who love crypto trading and beginners in bitcoin investment , I would suggest you contact him on WhatsApp: +1(424)285-0682, Gmail (investandearnbinaryfx@gmail.com) and telegram : @IEBINARYFX for inquires and profitable trading platform systems. Bitcoin is taking over the world.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hello
    We are a trade finance company that uses our own credit lines to facilitate the issuance of financial guarantees like BG, SBLC, DLC and more. If our services will be of help to you, let us know so we can guide you with our process.
    Mobile | WhatsApp: +19893413179
    Email:mohammedahsan877@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete