Saturday, October 2, 2010

Snail Mail

After much consideration and tireless research*, I declare SNAILS to be the new critter trend for 2011. I can back this prediction up with these cute and clever snail goodies I've found poking their heads out of their shells around craftyland.Jodie from RicRac's cheeky racing snail made from recycled jumpers. Tutorial here.

This amazing snail shaped ukulele is hand made to order. And check out the other cool ukuleles in this very talented craftsmans shop.
Cute amigurumi garden snail by Hansi Singh Snail hand Shadow t-shirt by Zazzle
Shelby Lino Snail
*Research based on the fact that I was asked to make a snail brooch and figured that is a good enough reason for them to be trendy......and foxes are so last week!

9 comments:

  1. So it seems that I'd better start drawing a snail then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, snails rule. But you do know that owl's are still in fashion? And not many foxes happened. Are you sure you wnat to do this? Could be a bit slow...(geddit?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit I wouldn't put money on the snail....the owl would eat him for breakfast and the fox would have him for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snails may be slow but they are rather prolific. An Owl swoops down and takes one and twenty more take it's place, at least that's what it's like in my garden. Stylistically, they are very beautiful but not so much when squished on the sole of my gumboot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather the gumboot than a bare foot crunch....eeew!
    They chew up the greens in my garden, but I can't bring myself to "do away" with them and their widdle houses!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You, know, I've been seeing elephants everywhere for a while, I'm pretty sure they're the current trend ;-) And I'm beginning to wish owls would just go away! Snail are ok, I guess. I do tend to kill a few each day though, which makes me less likely to think of them as cute crafty icons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, Viva la snail ! I love the ukelele - its amazing.
    I'm happy to follow your lead Liz, I just wished i had finished that fox softie befoe they became so last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the snails! Although I would be willing to put some money on peacocks too... x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute snails. The knitted one's amazing. Looks like I'll have to look into moving my thoughts off owls and onto to snails. Maybe even peacocks!

    ReplyDelete